Post 59

Question 1
Flag of which European nation?
Question 2
In a 1963 interview with Oriana Fallaci, this famous director was asked that in spite of looking like a pleasant, harmless man, he seemed to have fun making films which involve a lot of suspense and terrifying crime, to which he responded, "I'm English. The English use a lot of imagination with their crimes. I don't get such a kick out of anything as much as out of imagining a crime. When I'm writing a story and I come to a crime, I think happily: now wouldn't it be nice to have him die like this? And then, even more happily, I think: at this point people will start yelling. It must be because I spent three years studying with the Jesuits. They used to terrify me to death, with everything, and now I'm getting my own back by terrifying other people." Which English director, whose is at times referred to as "The Master of Suspense".

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 8

Post 12

Post 5